Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy One Year Anniversary Therapy Dog, Jack.


One year ago, my charming shelter pup, Jack, passed the testing required to become a registered therapy dog through Therapy Dogs International (TDI).

In the past year, this amazing Aussie Shepherd has touched the lives of many, including several individuals facing the toughest challenges.

Jack does his best work when words fail. Watching eyes light up and smiles suddenly appear on sad, angry, sick or worried faces as they stroke his fur, offer unexpected kisses and hug him tightly, has been remarkable to witness.

Jack has taken to the work like a duck to water. Maybe it's because my handsome pooch knows what it's like to suffer. Jack's puppyhood wasn't good, but his new life since being adopted by my husband and myself nearly two years ago has been magical. Through becoming a therapy dog, Jack has found his true calling, and I have found a great new buddy and partner.

Now, on to year two of changing lives, my adorable and furry canine angel.

Shelter dogs rock!

No comments: