Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Judy Winter's Words in Articles, Columns and Books


Some of you have asked about my career as a writer, especially as it impacts special needs. Over the past twenty years, I've written dozens of newspaper and magazine articles on special needs parenting issues, including as a past contributing newspaper columnist to the Lansing State Journal. That column highlighted my own journey raising my son, Eric, who had cerebral palsy and passed away far too soon in 2003 at age twelve. I was doing this work long before there was the Internet to help families research and connect. It was the parenting dark ages. If you read this blog, you know that I've also authored my own book, Breakthrough Parenting for Children with Special Needs: Raising the Bar of Expectations, and my words are included in three others:



-Enabled in Words: The Real Lives, Real Victories of People with Disabilities.

I will continue to share links to some of my past, timeless work with you on this blog.

I'm proud to say that I continue to be a strong voice for the special needs cause, and I'm not done yet. In the future, I'll continue to do my best to share, and make your challenging lives easier and more productive.

A passionate advocate's work is never done. Speak loudly, and with respect.

Judy Winter Photography

Judy Winter

No comments: